Satellite
  • Day 132

    Corona depression

    March 17, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    The plan was to leave Cape Range today and go either back to Coral Bay for a better snorkeling vision than on Machiel's birthday or go direction Karijini National Park immediately. The morning started with corona news. That seems to be part of the new daily routine of the whole world. Being infected with corona depression, we made our way back to Exmouth. Groceries, fuel, information on the Karijini National Park. The information centre had some new measurements in place to keep distance between employees and tourists. Unfortunately most parts of the park were also still closed due to a cycloon from February and roads and tracks being destroyed. So you can imagine the mood was pretty down.

    Instead of Franzi's famous brownie moment for tough hiking days, for us it was an instant noodle lunch moment of Susanne's favourite type. We didn't really feel like more snorkeling at Coral Bay either, so we drove further towards Karijini. Whenever we cross another Traveller's Autobarn van we wave hysterically, which is a thing apparently as everyone does 😊

    It was also already afternoon by now. Seems like corona also kills time. 200km further we found the rest stop for the night. At the rest stop we hurried to get our fly net into the driver's window, and started cutting the vegetables inside to avoid most of the flies. But it didn't end up being so bad and we could make our pasta meal in relative ease.
    Read more