Satellite
  • Day 249

    Laundry & Packing

    February 7, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    Well, I made across Cook Strait without anyone throwing up on me. One close call from a kid, though. It was a rough crossing. I was planning to drive north until dark, then pull over to sleep in the campervan before finishing the 450 km drive. Turns out, since I rested so well on the rocking ship, I drove all the way through without any issues and very little traffic. So, I got to sleep in a proper bed last night at Xerox's. Yay!

    I was up early this morning to start cleaning up the van, do laundry, and pack for my flight tomorrow morning. I also got a new pair of Reef jandals (a.k.a. sandals, flip-flops, not-underwear-thongs, etc.). Don't ask me why they're call jandals in NZ; no one seems to know.

    After putting on laundry, I took the van for a fill up and swung by the hospital to see Jubes, the one who owns the van, the one who broke her leg, and the one who beat me here because hospital flew her home. She's as well as can be for someone who will spend the next two months in hospital. Ugh.

    I just got back and am doing laundry. A little later this afternoon I'm supposed to meet up with more Hashers I haven't seen yet. If that goes the way the past week has, then my packing may not be fully done when my taxi collects me at 02:30 in the morning. Yikes!

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more