Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Bargain hunters in Freeport

    June 13, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    The only thing this family likes more than chocolate is a great bargain! Sixty and seventy percent off? We’re there! And since Alex has to work the rest of the week, we opted for a visit to the iconic LLBean store and Freeport outlets even though the weather was perfect for another outdoor adventure.
    Around noon the majority voted
    to skip lunch and keep shopping! However, by 2:30 this decision was a clear fail since a slightly different majority was in full HANGRY (though happy with their purchases).

    Still in search of lobster we headed back to Portland only to encounter a 45-minute wait for a table at Highroller Lobster. When we finally ordered, Curtis was the only person ordering the elusive crustacean. Go figure.

    Doorgate was resolved by the attentive support staff who assured us the 12’ door would not fall off again in the middle of the night but the Fawlty Towers moments continue with window washers randomly appearing outside our windows (see photos below!)

    We were treated to a late Spanish dinner in the apartment (thanks Curtis!) Parents reigned at cribbage but are still down a game after a skunking the previous night.
    Read more