Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    We’re NEGATIVE!

    March 21, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Being negative in the COVID-19 world is a good thing!

    When we got back to the residence from Miami Beach, we stopped to get ourselves a gelato … to fortify us for the upcoming antigen test we’d be doing. Sorry, no photo of our treat … the wind was melting the gelato faster than we could eat it … no time to dally!

    Since Oceania requires a COVID-19 test 48-hours prior to embarkation, and Bermuda now accepts the same, we settled on doing the proctored Antigen test offered by e-Med. It took a few tries to work out the technical kinks, but once we got past the glitches, the testing itself was a breeze. The proctor carefully walked us through the steps from opening the box, to tickling our nasal cavities, to securing and sealing the sample … watching us via the video link all through the process.

    The 15-minute wait for the test to “cure” seemed interminable. But eventually that too passed and within minutes of the proctor visually confirming our “negative” status — as denoted by a single pink line in the control window — we had both a pdf file via email and a pass in the NAVICA app to prove to anyone who asks that we are COVID-free.

    Next step was to upload the test results and our proof of vaccination on to the Bermuda Travel Authorization site and pay the $40pp fee. Now we wait for the QR code to be sent to us … essential to embarking Insignia on Wednesday.

    Oh the stress of the wait!

    P.S. It’s now 11:30p and the music playing in the atrium bar has been turned down … with only a bit of prompting from me. In Miami, I guess an 11:00p “quiet hours start” actually means midnight!!!
    Read more