衛星
マップで表示する
  • RTW2022 Disrupted!

    2022年1月22日, アメリカ ⋅ ☀️ 39 °F

    No, RTW2022 has not been canceled. In fact, it is underway even as I write this footprint.

    By disrupted, I mean that the voyage has undergone a serious revision due to so many countries on the itinerary remaining closed to cruise ships.

    Having already left Los Angeles, Insignia will visit French Polynesia as originally planned. Then, it will flip a U-ey and head east via the Panama Canal to explore the Caribbean, the Middle East, and Europe.

    I guess we did a good thing by jumping to RTW 2023.

    But wait … we’re going to join RTW2022 anyway … for a segment.

    When reservations open on 24 January, we’ll be booking the “European Crossing” … essentially an eastbound TransAtlantic from Miami to Athens. As a bonus, we will designate the cruise as our O Club platinum perk “free cruise.” As a double bonus, we will get to spend time with family and friends again this year ... not just when Insignia calls on several ports in Türkiye, but also after we disembark in Athens.

    Joining RTW2022 will essentially jiggle our existing fall travel plans. But that’s not a bad thing. We can actually use the freed-up time to work on visas and such for RTW2023.

    I am really sorry that the RTW2022 passengers are experiencing such a disruption to their special voyage. The new itinerary is definitely not the one for which they signed up. I can’t help but be happy, however, that the change of itinerary will see us on Insignia this March.
    もっと詳しく