衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日16

    Segment to Segment

    2022年12月27日, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    The last day of our Festive Caribbean cruise will be wrapping up in a few short hours. According to the Currents received in our cabin tonight, by the time we reach Miami in the wee hours of tomorrow, we will have cruised a total of 3,036 NM on this 11-day itinerary … the longest distance being 1,004 NM between Miami and Tortola (BVI) … the shortest distance being 128 NM between Barbados and Martinique.

    Over the past couple of days we’ve been receiving information that is fairly typical between segments … be it for a world cruise or otherwise. Except perhaps to note that the closer we get to Miami, the cooler the temps have become, I really don’t have a story to tell about our day. So, I thought I’d share some of the turnaround day tidbits here.

    🟢 Lunch in the Grand Dining Room (Noon to 1:00p) for passengers continuing onto the next segment. RSVP requested. The usual Terrace Café lunch is also available.

    🟢 Opportunity to make additional reservations in the Specialty Restaurants … or make changes to pre-booked reservations.

    🟢 Instructions for disembarking the ship. This information changes based on port/country.

    For Miami, a “zero count” is required to clear the ship. That means that even if you have no plans to do anything in port on turnaround day, you must disembark the ship … if only briefly. The options we’ve been given are to (1) meet at a designated place/time to be escorted ashore by the Purser’s Staff to meet the requirement, or (2) disembark at our leisure anytime during the disembarkation window. Passports needed for either option. No check-in formalities upon re-embarkation … use existing keycards to do so.

    * We queried where and when to get new keycards for RTW2023 and were told to go to reception when we return to get them issued.

    🟢 Onboard account continues through to the next segment.

    🟢 A shore excursion list with any updates since the original list was published delivered to the cabin; a booking form is also enclosed; as well as tickets for any excursions booked and pre-paid online.

    * There were a couple of excursions offered in Miami on disembarkation day. We were not interested, so I don’t recall if they were available to everyone who wished to book (with drop off at the airport) or just to those continuing on. In any event, there’s only one tour listed for Miami in tonight’s Currents … a Hop on - Hop off bus.

    🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

    Brrrrr … just came in from sitting on the veranda. It was downright chilly out there … even bundled up in a thick fleece jacket. Of course, the damp wind chill wasn’t helping any.
    もっと詳しく