Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Jeju - West Side

    July 26, 2023 in South Korea ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Today I joined a tour of Jeju that took me through some of the highlights on the west side of the Island.

    First stop was Hyoepjae Beach. It had white sand, lava rocks and lots and lots of hermit crabs! It also had a view of the ocean and nearby islands.

    Next up was Hallim Park, a massive area where we walked through two caves (Hyeopjae Cave and Ssangyong Cave), a bonsai garden, a replica folk village and a flowering lily garden. Although the outside air was really hot and humid, the caves were cold! The park also had a mini zoo area with some peacocks, ostriches and reptiles. After walking through this, we had a Korean buffet lunch.

    O'sulloc Tea Museum and Tea Fields were next. This place is known for growing green tea, the museum showed the process of how tea leaves become tea. I was able to walk through the big tea fields.

    The next place we visited was Songaskan Mountain. We walked up the mountain a short way and had beautiful views of the ocean, local towns and Mt Sangbansan. We also drove a bit more to get a closer look at Mt Sangbansan and the temple that lies at the bottom.

    The final stop of the day was to Cheonjeyeon Falls where we went to a lookout area, crossed the Seven Nymphs Bridge and saw 2 different waterfalls.

    I was then last to be dropped off in downtown Jeju after a 2 hr drive, and headed to my hostel.
    Read more