Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Tortola, British Virgin Islands

    December 20, 2017 in British Virgin Islands ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    The British Virgin Islands, we discovered, are actually 36 islands. Of the one we were visiting, Lonely Planet said there was nothing wrong with it...but nothing right either! Road Town, Tortola, had too taken a battering from recent hurricanes and many of it's 'attractions' were closed. We went for an early wander around the bruised town in search of just one thing - playing cards. Having purchased these, we wandered back to the ship.

    We spent the afternoon much as the afternoon before it, relaxing in the Glass House - the indoor pool and sunbeds, alternating between eating, reading, swimming and sleeping! The holiday has been nothing if not relaxing.

    We returned to the Glass House for dinner - tapas and meat boards. The main restaurant on the ship looks the part, but the good has been fairly lacklustre, so we thought we'd give this a go. The food here was excellent, despite small portions. Our after dinner entertainment consisted of two trivia quizzes...one which we have won if we'd got there on time, and one of musical theatre in which we scored a respectable 50%!
    Read more