Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

    December 23, 2017 in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Our only tender port so far, Bequia is an island of just ten square miles and 5,000 people. From the port, we walked a kilometre down the coast to Princess Margaret beach - this was the most traditional 'postcard' Caribbean view we'd had so far. An array of yachts sorted the water in front of the white sandy beach, served only by one bar and no other facilities. We took the opportunity to enjoy some freetime swimming whilst deciding on our plan for the day.

    We had considered a scuba dive but ended up putting against it due to the timings. Instead, we enjoyed a brief jaunt around the beach and town before tendering back to the boat for lunch before an afternoon reading by the pool (and briefly on the adult-only veranda which quickly proved to hit g is with Ben burning his feet on the hot deck!!).

    The shore excursions for the firsy three of our days next week had become available so we booked into some more kayaking, snorkelling and hiking - all quite reasonably priced and we certainly struggled to find lower independently (which is very unusual!).
    Read more