Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Busan

    April 16, 2019 in South Korea ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Early arrival into South Korea today. Once off and through immigration, we used took the great metro tour of Busan...meaning we spent a lot of time on the metro and achieving little! Largely because we realised too late that many of the metro stops were too far from the temples that we hoped to visit. So we headed out east, popped briefly to the beach before heading back into the centre to see the UN cemetery for those killed in the Korean War.

    The cemetery itself is a large and peaceful space in this city of skyscrapers. We spent some time walking around the site, looking at the different monuments erected by each nation to their fallen before heading through the park to the Busan Museum. Packed into this museum was millennium upon millennium of the history of this area and made for an interesting detour.

    Back on the metro to the west of the city and the markets, we stopped by the Gukje Market and the undercover shopping market for some souvenir hunting, although came back empty handed. Our last metro journey took us back to Busan Station where a quick stop at Dunkin' Doughnuts used up the remainder of our South Korean Won currency before heading back to the ship for a formal night.
    Read more