Satellite
  • Day 11

    Rainbow Bridge

    April 19, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    From the National Museum, we walked to Ueno Station, where we caught the metro as far as Toyusa so we could pick up the Yurikemome, Tokyo's equivalent of the DLR but completely automated. We rode overground across Tokyo bay, with stunning views of the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo skyline. On arrival at Daibo, we spent some time overlooking the beautifully lit bay and bridge before going for dinner in the 'Hawaiian Burger'. Fantastic food and a fabulous view over the bay to round off the holiday before grabbing the train back taking us up and over the Rainbow Bridge.

    In Tokyo Station, we spent a confusing few minutes trying to orientate ourselves to relocate our luggage. Eventually we found it, hauled it and our aching feet to the JY line, to catch the train then monorail back to the airport. After checking the baggage, we treated ourselves to a shower room each in the airport - best decision ever! After a very long, very hot day, coupled with sunburn and moving luggage, the shower and peace was most welcome. And with that, we cleared security and awaited the plane.

    Biggest lesson of the holiday - the Japanese do not accept card payment anywhere near as much as the UK and it's a real pain
    Read more