Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Arriving in Brussels

    July 13, 2022 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We arrived in Brussels after a logistically painless journey. The train to London was simple, a quick queue through St Pancras and a relatively short journey (just 2 hours) to Brussels. Our company for the trip was questionable, with two chaps behind us having no volume control!

    At Brussels Midi, we opted for a half hour walk to our hotel to see some of the city. Turns out we've arrived on the eve of a festival (In The Streets) which looks exciting. After dropping out kit, we headed out to the fabulous Casco bar for some beer, jazz and a Philly cheesesteak. The food was delicious, but scratched up my already sore throat, leaving it very painful 😔 We were joined by fellow interrailing friends for a drink afterwards, which was a lovely addition to the evening.

    We detoured on the way back to the hotel via Grand Place, a beautiful, traditionally Belgian square, and the heart of Brussels. We then swung by the Mannekin-Pis, a famous statue of a small boy peeing into a fountain, before calling it a night.

    Tomorrow, we are booked on a European Parliament tour...so excited!
    Read more