Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    At sea 🌊 - day 2 🚢

    March 30, 2023, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    Another relaxing day at sea today, and when we woke up, the sea was like a millpond under the sun. It's still quite strange to see absolutely nothing off the horizon from our balcony, and until this afternoon we hadn't even seen any ships. The captain had said as we left Antigua that they have a friendly bet on the bridge of how many ships they'll see in the coming five days at sea, and that it is never more than 100...today we saw just two!

    We had breakfast under the sun this morning, which was delightful. The breakfast buffet is very good with a huge selection, so we do have to try and be sensible!

    I finished What Lies Beyond the Veil (which was excellent, albeit a bit predictable) and read half of Gilt, also managing to cross-stitch Richard III. Ben went to the second talk about the Tower of London in the morning, and spent some time in the gym in the afternoon, finished reading Contact, and started reading Ben Aaronovitch's Amongst Our Weapons (Rivers of London). The 'at sea' entertainments are not the most comprehensive we have ever experienced, with a distinct lack of quizzes!

    We made an early dinner tonight, still having the light as we ate a lovely meal of duck, before a glass of wine and a game of crib in the Crow's Nest. We also realised tonight that it is not one more day at sea until our next port, but three! So lots of reading to be done!

    I now sit on our balcony catching up on a few days of Find Penguins writing...and despite being nearly 10pm, it is still most definitely t-shirt and shorts temperature out here.
    Read more