Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    At sea 🌊 - day 3 🚢

    March 31, 2023, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌬 20 °C

    A time change again today as we continue northeast...genuinely have no idea what time it is anymore as my phone, watch and cabin TV all display different times! 🤣

    After breakfast outside under the sun, I cross-stitched Henry VII whilst Ben went to a talk on the crown jewels. We had a now traditional afternoon cider on the balcony and read, Ben continuing to read Amongst our Weapons whilst I finished Gilt. We joined an afternoon quiz for the first time today, coming a respectable joint third by two points, tripped up by our own doubt (I couldn't decide whether the second stamp was the Penny Red or Blue, and wrongly picked Red; Ben couldn't decide on the year of the Beatles break-up - which he tried to work out by remembering the year of Apollo 13, and wrongly plumped for 1971 over 1970). The weather closed in through the afternoon, becoming more overcast with the Captain warning of 4m swells in the coming days.

    I started to cross-stitch Henry VIII before getting ready for the second black tie night. Heading up to the Crow's Nest before dinner, I discovered they'll happily make me a frozen margarita...that might prove to be a terrible discovery! Dinner was a deliciously rare beef wellington, before enjoying another drink in the Crow's Nest listening to the pianist playing an A-Z of songs, before we retired for the evening as the heavens opened out on deck.
    Read more