Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Artesina Afternoons

    January 3 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    After our instructors left us at 10am, we spent some time reminding ourselves how to ski on the nursery slopes before heading up to the other blue that we'd not done - purported easier than the tricky one we'd come down this morning. Can't say we found that we agreed! Similarly steep and icy, making traversing it at a leisurely and controlled pace a real challenge. So, once done, we headed up the chair lift again for a restorative pint at the top of the slopes. Coming back down afterwards, my legs were killing me and I decided to call it a day, only to find they hurt as I'd had a horrible reaction to the synthetic ski socks! So we changed, grabbed a beer and the cards, and played crib in the shadow of the mountains for the final couple of hours of sunlight.

    Tomorrow, all being well and presuming I can get into ski boots, we're off to a neighbouring resort. We were also supposed to be going on a cave trip there but it was cancelled due to lack of guides...apparently, it's been replaced with night skiing later in the week which will be a new experience. Fingers crossed for some snowfall!
    Read more