Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    At sea 🌊

    February 11, North Sea ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Today is our first , and now technically only, day at sea. We were due a second day at sea on Tuesday. However, our first stop of Hamburg was replaced at last minute with Bremerhaven, which we will now port in from 8am Monday until 9am Tuesday.

    We weren't sure how busy breakfast would be on such large ship, although we were pleasantly surprised. That said, the toast was so hard you could have built houses out of it. We spent a relaxing day mostly in the cabin - watching Elementary and Bull, cross-stitching/wording, and using the balcony. The sea was incredibly still and calm, despite a grey, rainy morning. In fact, we have felt almost no roll at all on the ship since leaving - it is perhaps the most like a floating hotel that we have sailed on. Wandering through the ship, each of the pools was more full than we'd seen on a ship before, with children *everywhere*. Ben usually goes to hear a guest speaker on sea days but today's guest speaker was on the 'Secret of Happiness'. Didn't sound anywhere near as interesting as ones we've heard previously. The sea day calendar was pretty standard - looks like quite a lot on but not much we're interested in. That's fine, that's what we expect.

    We booked the Olive Grove Mediterranean restaurant (included) for lunch/dinner- as it is booking only, times were very limited so we ate about 4pm. This, like Anderson's, seemed to be a more secluded spot on the ship and the food was delicious.
    Read more