Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    București

    July 28, 2016 in Romania ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Romania is one of these countries that would be worth revisiting in ten years. They have come so far since their communist days and although they have more developing to do as a nation I'd say that their tourism scene is growing quickly.

    The best and cheapest way to get from Chisinau to Bucharest was an overnight sleeper train. WOW what an experience! The carriages of the train itself were pretty cool, they resembled those from the Second World War, and as we crossed the border we had to stop for two hours to change the wheels; Stalin had thinner rails placed on the tracks to avoid an invasion during the war. All this aside however, I have never in my life been as poorly as I was upon arriving in Bucharest. The train ride was a 13 hour journey, there were no windows that opened and it was ridiculously hot. No amount of water will save you I promise, and even if it does the conditions of the toilet are not to British standard. But it was all part of the fun right?

    We were booked in to the cutest hostel called Little Bucaresti and I would 100% recommend staying here if you're not too fussy about hearing the party scene late at night. The customer service they provided was top notch, they let us check in five hours early after hearing of our "ordeal" on the train.

    Showered and tired it was nap time.
    Read more