Satellite
  • Day 47

    San Sebastian Day 2

    May 25, 2018 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Slow start again but finally headed off into the countryside in the car for some exploring. First visited a cider museum where we learnt all about the local cider history and industry. Moderately interesting; the best part was when they serve you a cider from the barrel. The lady explained that when the new cider is ready everybody gathers and the barrel spout is opened releasing a jet of cider into the recipients glass 6 feet across the room. Well Pat was the first recipient in our group and he did quite well catching the cider, except for the bit on his sleeve!!! We then tried some from another barrel and discussed the merits of each. Then we tried 3 more apple based apperitifs and by then I needed some breakfast....
    Then off to find a place recommended by the tourist office which was a greenway up along a valley. Again we managed with the help of poor instructions and misreading of maps to go in entirely the wrong direction. Two hours later we found the place and went for a nice walk along the river. Lovely scenery in which Pat managed to get into almost every photo. We also saw many wild strawberries again. They are unbelievably pretty and apparently quite common. Very new and delightful for us though.
    For dinner went down to an area closer to the hotel where we managed to find some pretty ordinary food but enjoyed our little walk around.
    Read more