Satellite
  • Day 9

    Day 9, At Sea

    September 9, 2017, Greenland Sea ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Hello All, so a sea day today, and indeed for the next 3 days too. Time to recharge the batteries. Last night we were once again very lucky to experience the Northern Lights but they were a lot more active than they were the night before. It was tremendous. The decks were packed but we were there early enough. The captain 👩‍✈️ blacked out the top of the ship and then announced that they were visible which is when we were invaded by the masses. It was a wonderful show, they were so much more vivid than the night before and to be sailing through the Greenland Sea in total darkness with these beautiful multicoloured natural phenomenon's was a once in a lifetime feeling. However, that being said, the previous night was special as there weren't that many people there and it was our first sighting so a bit special really.

    Well all that took its toll on today really, as it was gone 1am when we went to bed, it was 10.28am when our little peepers opened this morning. Being served for breakfast was off as the restaurant closes its doors at 9.30, however the buffet breakfast is a bit more forgiving so we went to that. We then went and had a leisurely cuppa at the back of the ship before having a wander around the ship. There was a certain buzz about as everyone was talking about the Northern Lights from last night. The weather on the open decks hadn't been brilliant, only managed 10 degrees, very cloudy and wet but that didn't deter us from watching the P!nk concert from the hot tub out on the deck. We spent a bit of time this afternoon watching Spooks from the beginning on the iPad before heading down to the restaurant for dinner. A lovely meal as always and we are now sat upstairs at the back of the ship with a drink whilst I write this.

    So, that's it from us tonight, hope you are all well, until tomorrow, Au Revoir.
    Read more