Satellite
  • Day 11

    Day 11, At Sea - Sharon's 50th Birthday

    September 11, 2017, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    Well hello all, so today was the day, the purpose of the whole trip, Sharon's 50th Birthday 🎉 🎈 and what a day it has been. She's had balloons, a party hosted by the captain, birthday cake and lots of treats along the way. Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes and to everyone who sent cards before we left, she has been overwhelmed by the love and best wishes from you all.

    So we started off with breakfast downstairs in the restaurant at a very leisurely pace before wandering up to the open deck for a further cup of tea and a sneaky extra Danish. The weather today has not been the best in the world, heavy cloud and between 6 and 10 degrees with heavy showers. That could only mean one thing for us, the hot tubs. We went to the tubs on the open deck midships which are nice and hot. The American Football was playing on the big screen so there were quite a few people milling about. When we go in the tubs, we put out towels and clothes on a sunbed (as they are rarely used) just to the side so they ain't fat away when we get out. Today, some American bloke decided to take the towels whilst we were in the tub 😂😂 He genuinely thought they weren't being used but soon realised as we hollowed at him as he was walking away. Someone saw us and pointed us out to him 😂😂 he was very apologetic, it was actually quite funny. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if he hadn't noticed, Sharon would have just had to walk a bit further in the cold to get new ones !!

    The evening brought us the captains cocktail party 🎉 always a lovely event, and to be on Sharon's Birthday made it that bit more special. Cocktails and canapés in abundance and a chat and picture with the captain, all just before dinner down in the main dining room. Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding on tonight, some fishy thingy for Sharon. At desert time all the waiters and maitre d's came and sang happy birthday to Sharon and presented her with a Birthday Cake, I just hid under the table !!

    So it's 9.30pm, 4 degrees outside and we are just getting togged up to go out on top deck and watch tonight's movie under the stars 🎥. Should you not hear from me anymore, I've frozen up !!

    Good night all
    Read more