Satellite
  • Day 1

    Mellieha

    November 11, 2018 in Malta ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    So today saw us bound for Malta. A bit different for us as we are going with our cousins and we will see where Aunty Jack liked it so much which we are looking forward too.

    It was a very early start, alarm set for 2.30am and on the road to Birmingham airport for a 7am flight ✈️. Gemma and Joseph we’re also flying from Birmingham but Naomi, John, Maxwell and Isabella flew from Leeds, same take of time so the race was on. Just over a 3 hour flight and we made it just a couple of minutes before Team Naomi. It was so close that they walked in the arrivals lounge at virtually the same time.

    Weather was warm but a bit grey. However upon leaving the arrivals lounge and heading across the open car park to pick up the hire car 🚗, it absolutely threw it down. We got a proper soaking. We picked up our bean can for the week and headed across Malta, bound for the Seabank resort at Mellieha. It’s fair to say we’d have been better of with a dinghy than a car but there you go. Sat Nav had the arse on and wouldn’t talk to us but we battled through and found our way all landing at a similar time. As we couldn’t get in our room until 3, and due to the inclement weather, it seemed only fitting to go to the bar and test out the all inclusive. Yeah, Carlsberg on tap did nicely. The hotel is nice and right by the sea, we went for a little walk up the prom after the rain had stopped.

    After we had got in our room and unpacked etc we met for dinner. Lots of choice and we could all sit together, before heading off to the kids disco at 8.30. The kids had a good old run around and it was quite busy. Lager still free. We entered the quiz, Naomi being the writer in our behalf. It was quite difficult, we cheated and used google but still lost !! The entertainment came on about 9.30, lots of dancers. They were extremely good and were on for quite a long time and were very entertaining. Switched over to Vodka in the absence of Cointreau before retiring after a very long day at about 11.
    Read more