Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Jan 26. At Sea, South Pacific

    January 24, South Pacific Ocean ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    Day 1 out of 6 at sea, enroute to New Zealand. Jul & I attended watercolor class where we began work on our sea-turtles. Our instructor, Deborah, is fabulous. She and her husband Jim will disembark in Auckland and another art instructor will embark. We will lose several of our lecturers and gain more for another few weeks. The entire running of this magnificent ship is beyond imagination! It all happens so seamlessly to us, but we know it must be a mammoth undertaking! The thought of what they must be going through to arrange the change in our itinerary to avoid the Red Sea is mind-blowing!! We have no doubt that Viking will take good care to make us safe and satisfied.

    Tonight, we enjoyed dinner with Brian, Jonathan, Larry & Kurt. It's so interesting to get to know these men and their histories. We're all basically in the same age range, and it's been fascinating to hear everyone's stories, histories of coming out and the struggles. It's always sad to hear of others who have lost contact with family and loved ones, all because of who they love and want to share their lives with.

    Pat's Observations: Dining staff remember the smallest of details. We've only had to ask for "no straws" for our beverages once, and it is always remembered! As is "No bread basket" at lunch! Our Wine Steward, Himmie (from India), constantly tries to get us to have wine at lunch, knowing that we always decline! He's a character and a sweetheart!
    Read more