Satellite
  • Day 15

    Vueling: Making Ryanair look Luxurious

    July 4, 2016 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    This post is going to encompass nearly 48 hours, only because thats how long our day has been.

    Let me explain.

    Day 3 in Brussels: time to wake up and check out, spend the day in brussels and take a late flight into Barcelona! Yay! We get up and out of the hotel by 10am, head to the train station to store our bags and start wandering the city. Except it start to rain. Hard. I'm talkinf torrential downpour, people... We had to duck and run for cover most of the day just so we were dry for the plane. We explored the city for the last time, but theres not mucb to report as this is a city you honestly could see in a little over a day.

    5:00 rolls around and we decided to head to the train station to frab out bags and catch a ride to the airport. We get there around 545 to check in and as we drop our bags, we are informed that our 9:25 flight may be delayed by 2 hours and will leave around 11:25. Although this was annoying, we understood that these things happen.

    We grabbed a bite at quick burger (which is McDonalds on CRACK... SO GOOD) and head to the gate to wait for he flight.

    That's when the BS ensues.

    As we are waiting, I happen to glance at the screen at the boarding gate and notice there has been a gate change.. No announcement and no delay had been posted, just a change of gate. So we pick up our stuff and head all the way to thhe end of the terminal. It is now nearly 9:00 and we see no groundstaff or plane, so we check the board again.... Delayed until 11:35? We expected this, but due to he hassle they issued us a voucher for 8 euro each. Want to know ehat you can get in an airport for 8 euro? Not much.

    So we grab our drinks and head ro the bar area to watch the iceland game. As the game is coming to a close we decide to check the screen again and there is another delay.. Until 12:30am. Now I could go on and on about how they kept ccanging the time without telling us, and the angry tweets and emails we sent to Vueling, but in the interest in keeping me calm I will just say we boarded the plane nearly 6 hours late and left after 330am.

    Once we arrived, by the time we grabbed our bags, took the metro in the city and found the airbNb we were staying in, it was well past 6am and we decided to not sleep and just start our day.

    First ... Our airbnb. Our first experience in Prague was great... This one is good enough to sleep in. Thats all we will say about that.

    So we got in, dropped off our stuff, put on pur bathing suits and headed to the beach. We arrived at the beach just past 7 and promptly fell asleep until around 1030/11. (this might have a little to do with the giant lobster like burns covering most of my body) Now when we went to sleep, the beach was seriously empty. When we woke up.. We were packed like sardines!

    We stayed out for a while longer and decided to head out for a day of shoppi g.

    After a quick wardrobe change, we headed to the shopping district where we stumbled across this amazing food market and FRESH FRUIT. FOR CHEAP. WE WERE SO EXCITED... EUROPE HAS BEEN A FRUIT WASTELAND THUS FAR AND WE ALL FREAKED OUT TO HAVE SOME FRESH FRUIT.

    After we wandered around a few shops, were in awe at how cheap everything is here (honestly) and ambled back down to the beach where we are now sitting enjoying the peace of the waves.

    And drunk people. Britney lost her shoes in the ocean again, guys. Right up to her fanny pack.

    Tomorrow is a new day.. Hopefully we will be more rested and ready to go!

    Ciao
    Read more