Satellite
  • Day 22

    Thailand - Bangkok to Ko Samui

    June 3, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    After a great sleep at the Novotel at the airport, and after a couple of drinks at the sports bar and we were up and ready for the next part of the adventure. We realised Pete had left his iPad at the hotel, but lucky they found it and are holding it till our return. We then caught a short ride to Ko Samui and arrived at our favourite island. Unbeknown to Pete I had organised family and friends to be waiting for us at the villa and he got a massive surprise when we walked into the bedroom and everyone was there! Boy was I glad the surprise was over! The longest birthday celebration ever!

    The Villa is right on the beach and there is also a pool which is great for relaxing after a day out! We walked up to Som restaurant for lunch and quickly realised with Margs injured foot we would need a car! Lunch was great and it was wonderful catching up with Marg, Simon, Jude, Jenny and Judy. Pete and Simon are a little out numbered by the women but all good and it’s very relaxed.

    For dinner, as we were limited with the distance we could walk (Moses aka Marg) we ended up with the most expensive pizza ever! But it was fun and discussion round the table was lively. Really good catching up with everyone and being in such a fabulous location.
    Read more