Satellite
  • Day 25

    Santorini

    August 30, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Woke up to an amazing view! It was just beautiful and we had breakfast on the balcony, so much food. I decided to have a real relaxing day, reading and lying by the pool. Pete headed out for a walk and a coffee and I retreated to upstairs to the sun and the pool. Put sunscreen on, as I do but it was hot up there. I looked like a patchwork quilt after the morning in the sun! Brown, white and radiating red, and blotchy, it the look I was going for, but it will settle down eventually.

    After I managed to drag myself up we headed out and went for a walk, booking a sunset cruise and having lunch. We explored the narrow winding lanes and looking at shops and glimpses of the amazing views. We found out where the cable car was for the next day. I was here 35 years ago and boy has it changed. Now there are two ports and the cable car, when I came there was one port and only donkeys to get you to the top. They still have the donkeys and they look really healthy which is good. We opted for the cable car though.

    We had a recommendation for a restaurant near where we are staying and so we went up there for dinner. Popular spot, there were people queuing up, and we were lucky to get a table inside. We had already watched the sunset on our balcony with a bottle of sparkling, so we were happy for good food, and it was wonderful. Great that we only had to walk a short distance home, well I should say roll home as we were so full. Wonderful relaxing day ❤️❤️
    Read more