Satellite
  • Day 101

    One last adventure together

    October 23, 2016 in Myanmar ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    We spent our last day together in Bagan, visiting a view point on top of a small mountain range, a jungle hike and a visit to a local market. It was a really beautiful time, although it got so hot we were all melting away. At the viewpoint, Merten was the main attraction for locals, who were taking pictures with him (pic 2). At the market, we talked to a lot of very kind locals. Once they found out it was going to be my birthday tomorrow (after Merten sang happy birthday for me with half the people at the market :-D ), I was given a handmade bamboo bowl, a Jade bead to make into a bracelet, and Tanaka, the traditional Myanmar sunscreen.

    Then we took a short flight to Yangon with the most oldschool airline - they separated the different flights by color coded stickers on the passengers and the boarding passes were hand written! We had a lovely dinner in the city and then cake at a tea house at midnight. We shared the giant cake with everyone there and enjoyed the company of new friends.

    What a good way to end 3 adventurous weeks together! I will miss the company but am looking excited towards the next weeks on my own.
    Read more