Satellite
  • Day 1

    Bristol, England

    May 26, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    So I haven't been able to go anywhere for the last 5 months. It's Bank Holiday weekend for us in England, so I decided to book a day trip to Bristol. I haven't travelled around the country much (ridiculous right?). But I realised that there are actually really cheap coach tickets available for trips outside of London. This ticket cost me £16 for a return fare...and I booked it just a week in advance.

    Anyway...It took 3 hours and I arrived at 11am on a grey rainy day. This is typical UK weather so I am used to it. I wandered around for a while and then went to a famous pie restaurant called "Pieminister". It's very popular and began to get busy within 30 minutes of opening.

    Then I wandered around Bristol Harbour and found a free museum that talks about the history of Bristol. It was interesting to learn that a lot Scandinavian people were brought to Bristol as slaves from Iceland.

    The weather made it difficult for me to follow my plan. When it started raining heavily I had to seek shelter until it stopped. I did a 30 minute hike up some very steep roads to reach Clifton Suspension Bridge. It was definitely worth it to see that view. It reminded me a lot of Luxembourg.

    I really enjoyed my day trip to Bristol...and i'm definitely considering some more "domestic tourism" trips whenever i'm on a budget.

    Ciao for now.
    Read more