Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Day 215 - Penninsula Valdez

    2 Desember 1974, Argentina

    I checked the valve clearance and set the ignition timing. Everything looked OK with the engine. And off we drove again through this desolate landscape via San Antonio de Oeste, Sierra Grande, and Puerto Pirámid to the Valdez Peninsula.

    We stopped briefly in San Antonio de Oeste for food: 600 g Beef Tenderloin, bread, Salami, butter, toilet paper, fresh veggies, and fruits. Everything for just over $2.00

    Peninsula Valdez is a Nature & Wildlife Preserve where we plan to stay for a few days. We are curious about what’s in store for us. A swarm of colored parrots just flew by, and we saw a few wild sheep and Alpaca, or at least they looked it.

    We set up camp close to the sea between the dunes, protected from the wind. In an earlier spot, we got stuck in the sand and got free with the help of our winch and pushing. We have to be more careful about that.

    Tomorrow we want to visit the North side of the Peninsula. Among other things, we should see penguins, sea lions, seals, and many bird species. The Peninsula is no longer inhabited now, but English Colonists lived here years ago and slaughtered thousands of sea lions and whales for oil.

    Somehow fine dust finds its way into the car’s interior, but we haven’t figured out where the leak is.

    Stats: Miles 272, Expenses $8.35
    Baca selengkapnya