Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 12

    Felskinn - Mittelallalin

    30 september 2023, Zwitserland ⋅ ☀️ 63 °F

    Today, it's time to bid farewell to Saas Fee and our friend Margaret.

    We left our luggage securely at the hotel before embarking on our final gondola ride to Felskinn - Mittelallalin, which sits at an impressive altitude of 3,000 meters. The vista that greeted us was nothing short of breathtaking, with its stunning views and the awe-inspiring proximity to the surrounding glaciers.

    Later in the afternoon, we packed up our cars and made the short journey to Zermatt, which we'd call home for the next five days. More magnificent mountains, including the iconic Matterhorn, and picturesque hiking trails await our exploration.

    Zermatt has undergone significant growth since my last snowboarding adventure here with my brother Herbert back in 2016. It now resembles a bustling small city. One striking aspect that immediately caught my attention was the noticeable presence of Asian tourists.

    Our accommodation at Hotel Alpine Perren boasts a comfortable 3-star rating. Our spacious double room on the 4th floor provides us with scenic views to the North and East.

    Our evening concluded with a delectable Italian meal at Da Nico. As I write this at 9:30 in the evening, the atmosphere is incredibly tranquil, with only the soothing sound of the rushing River Vispa below breaking the silence.
    Meer informatie