Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Wängi

    October 7, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    Today had no scheduled activities. Everyone enjoyed a leisurely slumber, awakening close to 11:00 a.m. The picturesque Swiss sky presented itself in blue, without a single cloud. Yet another perfect day in Switzerland.

    Following my sixth unsuccessful attempt to withdraw cash from an ATM, I dialed WFB, only to discover that International Transactions had been disabled. 🤪

    Later in the day, Ms. Kohler, Wally's landlord, extended an invitation to an Apéro. Ruth, who will soon celebrate her 90th birthday, is in splendid physical shape, faithfully attending her gymnastics and water exercise classes each week. Her mental acuity was astonishingly sharp. I was pleasantly surprised to learn of her past adventures, including hiking the Grand Canyons and traveling to Australia during her younger years. Our conversation was quite captivating; older individuals often possess a wealth of experiences from which one can learn.

    After providing Wally's girlfriend, Marli (she is from Brazil), with a Sudoku tutorial and assisting Wally with some Mac issues, he enthusiastically took to the kitchen to prepare a delicious cheese Fondue.

    Tomorrow's itinerary includes a trip to Ipsach, a quaint village near the lake of Biel/Bienne, where Ursula and I grew up, to visit my younger brother Herbert and his wife Annamarie.
    Read more