Satellite
  • Day 26

    The day we lost

    June 14, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We knew we had this day coming, but you put it out of your mind till it arrives. So 3 hours at Prague Airport, then a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt taking about an hour. A mad dash to the correct terminal and another couple of hours wait before a twelve hour flight to Singapore.
    So, about 18 hours travelling and then putting our watches forward seven hours. We've got a couple of days to adjust to the time zone.
    We got to our hotel about 6pm, very tired and a tad hungry. We walked out of the hotel saying that we would go into the first place that looked OK. It turned out to be a Vietnamese Restaurant and it was more than up to par. The owner suggested we share a prawn noodle dish then share a dish featuring larger prawns (all in tanks in the restaurant). We were shown how to eat the main wearing plastic gloves. Just when I should have taken the camera...
    Anyhow the hotel is very nice. Janette had requested an upgrade to a high floor to get a view - she got it. - we're on 34 with only a couple more above us. Unfortunately for her, the lifts are on the outside of the building. She'll get used to it (?). Photos give an idea of the height.
    Tomorrow - a full day in Singapore. We'll be going out early so we can have breakfast outside somewhere.

    J&J
    Read more