Satellite
  • Day 5

    Day 5 - Niagara falls part 2!

    August 5, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we made a real effort to get up and check out early to beat the hoards.

    We managed to catch the first Hornblower sailing at 8.30am – what an incredible experience. The morning sun was shining, creating all kinds of rainbows around both the American Falls and the Horseshoe Falls. The closer the ferry got to the Horseshoe Falls the more of an adrenaline rush it became. Millions of gallons of water cascading over the falls right up close soaking anything and everything in its sight - what a rush!

    We took hundreds of photos, which I can’t post just yet as they are on the waterproof camera, but I will later on.

    Despite the silly red plastic capes we were soaked, but the warm sun soon dried us off as we strolled along towards the Table Rock Welcome Centre. The next attraction was called ‘Journey Behind the Falls’ which is basically just what it says - in the 1930s a series of tunnels were hewn out behind the Horseshoe Falls and today you can stand just a few feet away from the cascading water, but this time behind! The noise was deafening and despite the silly yellow plastic capes, we were soaked!

    The final attraction ‘Niagara’s fury’ is a 360 degree theatre where a 4D details the history of the falls and how they were created, at the same time as spraying you with artificial snow and more water - as you guessed it, despite the silly blue plastic capes, we were soaked!

    By the end of the third attraction we were shattered. All the adrenaline and exhilaration had taken its toll - not to mention the 10,446 steps on top of yesterday’s 18,648! Definitely time to slow the pace down a little!

    We made our way back to the car and headed out to Niagara on the Lake, a quaint town on the Niagara Peninsula. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a vintage hotel, complete with oil paintings, dark wooden panelling and chandeliers.

    We have yet to explore and will post more information tomorrow when we can find some energy! So far we have discovered the jacuzzi and the pool - that’s enough for now!
    Read more