Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Sailing Shenanigans in Samana

    February 4 in Dominican Republic ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Hey there,
    Today’s adventure takes us from San Juan to Samana in the Dominican Republic. But before we set sail, let me fill you in on a little secret – we’ve picked up a new companion along the way, Willi! Yep, now we're a trio on this wild journey.

    As we cruised towards Samana, our autopilot decided to take a nap again. Cue the unplanned pit stop in a rocky cove to fix it. Let’s just say, trying to repair it with the wind and waves doing their dance wasn’t exactly a picnic. My mood? Well, let’s just say it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

    After a bumpy night, we set sail again for 2.5 days until we finally dropped anchor in Samana. But surprise, surprise – the bay was littered with trash. Not the welcome we were expecting!

    Clearance time! And guess who’s in charge? The military. But don’t worry, they were surprisingly chill. They just wanted a quick peek at our boat. So, off went Tomas with a soldier clinging to the dinghy for dear life – turns out, he couldn’t swim! Talk about an adventure.

    Time to stock up on supplies. But wait, why is there a guy with a machine gun patrolling the ATM? No uniform, just casual gun-wielding. Yeah, that made us a tad uneasy.

    Back on the boat, we decided to sail across the bay to the nature reserve. And boy, was that a blast! 20 knots of wind, smooth sailing, and zero waves. Ah, the joys of sailing! 🌬️⛵️

    Stay tuned for more tales from our Dominican escapade! Who knows what other surprises await us?
    Read more