Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 7 Lofoten / Final Day before return

    January 2 in Norway ⋅ 🌙 -5 °C

    January 2nd was the last full day on Lofoten, completing a full week up here. We wanted to go to the 3D Golf on site, but it was booked out all day with no slot available. The ice sculptures in Svolvær or Hennigsvær for souvenir shopping were the options on the table for the day.
    The kids wanted to go to Hennigsvær and this time take their soccer ball to kick it on the infamous field. Janine wanted to get some souvenir shopping done so we decided to tour there on our last day before packing up the car at night.
    The weather treated us so well, our eyes and cameras could not stand still and take in beautiful moments on the last day. Temperatures have been dropping over the past days, some even more icy days are ahead. 🥶

    As we brought a lot of water and food with us on the way up, packing the car was significantly lighter and easier for the return. We realized that we still took way too many things, especially too many toys and clothes. On the next trip we can even go lighter. We used the same red box system as we did on our 6-week tour in 2022 and it works well, especially in the boxy trunk of the Ford and with Knuts „home“ with us this time.
    We even took full blankets & pillows for the kids, which turned out not to be needed in the accommodation but showed useful during the trips for the kids to rest and sleep.

    Our idea to go up north for the winter holidays came early, our decision to take it as far as the Lofoten came late. We were all happy we did take on this massive tour as we were all flashed by the sights and experiences up here during this winter week.
    Leaving was with a heavy heart, although the kids looked forward to home again by now. We see you again, Lofoten ⛰️🖖
    Read more