Satellite
  • Day 181

    Cali

    June 26, 2017 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    I arrived to Cali with the overnight bus at 5 in the morning. I took a taxi to the hostel as I figured it's not the best time to try to find public transport in a new city. Luckily the people from my hostel were really relaxed about the check in time and let me go straight to bed so I could have some more sleep after only a few hours on the bus.
    When I woke up I met Luis who had been in the hostel for a few days already. Apparently everybody went out the night before so they were all quite hangover and didn't want to do much. I walked around the old town for a while taking some pictures of streetart. In the afternoon I met with Hannah from my spanish class who was also in Cali visiting a friend. We went to a park with lots of cats statues designed by different artists.
    For dinner I went with Luis, Romy and Clemens to a really good restaurant. I had a pasta filled with ricotta in tomato butter and it was delicious. It was nice to treat myself to something special :)
    The next day we went up to the Christ statue overlooking the city. Cali was just a quick stop along my way but I liked the city and the people I met here.
    Read more