Satellite
  • Day 13

    Last day on the Atlantic

    April 25, 2019, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Today was our last day on the Atlantic Ocean. We will pass through the Strait is Gibraltar at approximately 11:30 pm tonight. Enjoyed our walk on the deck this morning in warm weather and attested the port talk about Malaga and Cartagena. Looking forward to Spain again. Tom who was our port expert the first time we crossed the Atlantic was brought out of retirement and gives lots of good tips for seeing the ports on your own.

    Attended the cooking class this afternoon before we met Vic and Garry at the jewelry auction. Not many people bought at auction but three items were purchased, two at minimum bid. HAL is getting out of selling jewellery and will rent the space to a third party. I expect they will make more money that way.

    The florist was changing his arrangements this afternoon and we stopped to chat with him. As a result he shared three anthurium each with us since they would go to compost anyway. we appreciate his generosity.

    Dinner this evening was wonderful and the seas gave calmed as we look forward to entering the Mediterranean. Shades of Buble will sing this evening, their last concert on our ship as they are joining the Rotterdam in Malaga tomorrow.
    Read more