Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Disembark Harmonia - Split

    May 10 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    It never ceases to amaze us how quickly you can become attached to people in such a short time, but we did this week on the Harmonia. The 28 cyclists all got on so well that the farewell this morning was quite emotional.
    We disembarked the Harmonia after breakfast and made our way to the Old Town of Split and to our accommodation. Roger bought a new pair of shoes and we went to 3 x pharmacies to get antihistamine in nasal spray - most people smoke in Croatia and our noses are suffering with the cigarette smoke. No luck getting the spray unfortunately.
    We met up with Sue & Duncan and a NZ couple from the Harmonia, Janet & Will and enjoyed a relaxed lunch at a bar/restaurant on the waterfront. We then had a siesta for an hour before meeting up with the 2 couples for dinner. En route, through the centre of the Old Town, we came across a wedding celebration. The music and joy of the occasion was infectious!
    We had dinner at a traditional Croatian restaurant called Fife. The meals were delicious. Maggie & Sean from the Harmonia joined us.
    We celebrated our amazing 2 weeks with Sue & Duncan with gelato and hugs. It has been wonderful. They fly to Rome tomorrow to spend 3 weeks in Italy with their life long friends, Shirl & Greg. Tomorrow we meet up with Rosemary & Neville from Dubai and will spend the next 2 days with them.
    Read more