Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Greve in Chianti Day 2

    April 19, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Today we decided to have a relaxing day at the house enjoying the views and the beautiful weather. I discovered an “all you can eat” meat restaurant owned by the famous butcher from yesterday. The restaurant is right across the street from his butcher shop in Panzano. They have 1 seating for lunch at 1pm and 1 seating for dinner at 7pm per day, 7 days a week. Gabe asked the chef and he said they are full everyday of the week. Just Gabe and I decided to go to the lunch. I actually ordered the vegetarian menu. It’s was fantastic. The tomato soup was so good. It was not puréed like you are thinking. It was chunky and warm. The tomatoes tasted almost sweet. They have their own salt blend that you sprinkle on some olive oil and dip carrots, celery, bread or fennel into. Gabe was served 3 cuts of meat. The first course was a beef tartare, a picanha and the filet. The sides were white beans in olive oil and stewed onions. I had a few bites of his and it was very good. They were grilling the meat over open flame right there inside the room. We were sitting at a long table squished with 10 other people we didn’t know. Everyone was from a different country. Germany, Brazil, South Korea and Us.
    After lunch, we came home and immediately went to sleep. Lol! After our meat coma we woke up and went for a walk around the neighborhood with the kids. Renee was busy building her Vespa lego set. Andrew finished his Bugatti this morning. Gabe and I weren’t very hungry but we had dinner reservations at 7:30. We were excited to go to this restaurant because the restaurant was on top of a nearby town, Lamole. The sunset was going to be beautiful because of their location. The owner of the restaurant has been open for 30 years and he said the sunset is different every day. Gabe order a rolled pasta stuffed with porcini mushrooms and topped with shaved truffles. It’s a TOP 3 dish of this entire trip for us. I got a very light gnocchi with fave beans and pecorino. It was an easy dinner to finish off a really heavy day of meat. For Gabe. Our dinner was fantastic! So glad we went.

    *The photo of the back and white pigs are the very special and endangered Cinta Senese pigs. Their pasture is just down the road from our villa. I got some prosciutto from these special pigs from the butcher and it was fantastic. We all really enjoyed it.
    Read more