Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Lake Como

    October 2, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Our trip from Venice to Lake Como was running very smoothly. We went on 3 trains, each one going for maybe one hour each. It was all going fine and smooth until we had to get on the bus and it all fell apart. We got off the train and out of the train station and just missed the first bus so we had to wait an hour. We were the only ones there for the first thirty minutes but then more and more people started to come until the whole bus stop was packed. There was even a whole gang of 14 to 15 year olds so when the bus came all the 14s and 15s pushed against the doors of the bus trying to get on first and they were pushing so hard that they pushed over an old lady who nearly got run over! We had to scramble on with our big suitcases and no one helped us, just pushed us aside. Me, Mum and Dad got on the bus but Jemilla got cut off by another wave of people and it took her ages to get back on. We were halfway down the bus when she realised she wasn’t on. When she finally scrambled on the bus the driver was saying she wasn’t allowed on. Dad was calling out to the Bus driver to let her on but he didn’t understand, but in the end a New Zealand guy realised what happened and sort it out. We finally got to our place and settled in with our awesome view and now have another good travel story!

    On our second day we walked down to the supermarket along this really nice trail which was really green and had a bunch of paths leading down to the ocean. We did get lost a lot of times.

    On our third day we stayed at home and watched the grand final because we always have to watch it late. It wasn’t like any of the grand finals we’ve watched before because there were no party pies or sausage rolls but a different experience is a good experience.

    After our grand final day we got up and got on a ferry that took us over to Bellagio where we looked around for a-bit. Everything there looked super rich with a lot of rich people and the area around had really nice streets with expensive food, so we had to walk 30 minutes to a super market were we got a delicious pizza for $2, which was cheap seeing that we saw the same pizza for $6 in the middle of town. Our next town (Verena) we visited on the ferry was much smaller and we had not as much time there unfortunately because we had to catch the bus. We then caught the ferry back and got some delicious ice cream while we waited for the bus.

    The next day we visited a really famous villa where a James Bond scene was filmed and half a Star Wars movie. It was a big garden with really nice views and it was really cool standing in the places that famous actors stood. All in all I loved Lake Como because it was quiet and the architecture was very colourful and Italian. I also loved Italy in general because this was our last place before we leave for Switzerland. I think Italy was my favourite country so far and Germany goes in second place.
    Read more