Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 7

    Railay Beach to Phuket Island

    16 maj, Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    We've had some busy days so we're a bit late on the post for yesterday.

    Yesterday started off pretty much the same as the previous few, where we grabbed breakfast and a smoothie. Noah got the Thai omelette and Sarah got Burnt Butter Toast. Burnt butter toast is a sweet breakfast food where a thick slice of bread is covered in caramelized sugar. Sarah ordered hers with "strawberries" as the menu stated but was surprised to see what arrived at the table (as seen in the first picture).

    After breakfast, we had to check out of our room at 11:00am. Thankfully, the resort manager let us leave our bags in the office room until we had to catch our ferry at 3:30pm so we didn't have to worry about that. We spent that time hanging out on the beach relaxing. While on the beach, we discovered some baby crab homes where they have dug sand out of their hole which was very interesting to see. Once 2:30pm rolled around, the resort carted us off to the pier where we grabbed some Pad Thai for lunch before checking-in for the boat.

    The whole experience of the ferry was quite the interesting one. It started off with us being surprised when we were told to board the Longtail boats, as this was supposed to be a 2 hour trip across the Andaman Sea. After departing from the pier and being away from the shore, the engine of the Longtail boat was shut off. It wasn't until after Sarah broke the awkward silence of the boat into laughter by just saying "So...." that we learned we board the ferry via the Longtail boat. That reassured us as we were not fans of taking a Longtail boat across the sea. After a few minutes, the ferry emerged behind one of the several mountains ascending from the water and we boarded just fine.

    The beginning of the cruise was good and smooth, but when we went outside to the back deck, we noticed some storm clouds following behind us. It was cool to watch the dark clouds and lightning bolts roll in. But once it got close enough, the boat staff ushered everyone back inside. It was crazy how dark the sky got (as seen from the boat window comparison pictures). The water got pretty choppy, but we didn't have too much longer of the cruise and made it to the Phuket Town Pier without any issues.

    From the pier we got a shuttle to drive us across the island to the city of Patong where our next resort would be. We were happy to arrive at our new home for the next couple days as we were all quite exhausted. We then took a trip to the resort restaurant where we all enjoyed our meals and headed to be shortly after!
    Läs mer