Satellite
  • Day 46

    Exploring Jeju. South and West.

    November 14, 2019 in South Korea ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Today we explored the south and west of Jeju. Started out with a nearby waterfall.
    Then a bit further along the coast found these hexagonal stone structures which had been formed by cooling lava. Pretty cool.
    Followed by a walk along a river and a few more waterfalls.
    Taking the advice of TripAdvisor we went to the number 1 thing to do in Jeju - a sacred garden. Started by 1 man in the 60s (now a team of 25). A peaceful place with lots of Bonzi trees.
    The man Mr Bum Young-Sun is obviously quite an astute business man. A random person asked if we would write in the visitor book. Whist we were doing that she offered us some orange tea (which was very nice). She asked if we would like the meet the main man. He came round and very kindly gave us a free book about his garden, only asking that we provide a trip advisor review. A good way to help yourself to the top of trip advisor. Still, good garden though.

    With the light fading and it getting freezing, we went for an indoor activity. Can you guess who chose this one...? An art museum with perspective art which you could pose in front of.
    Got quite a few photos of me, one or two of Hannah.
    Back home for another Marvel film, which the hotel seemed to be playing on loop.
    Read more