Satellite
  • Day 45

    Exploring Jeju. North and East.

    November 13, 2019 in South Korea ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Got up and started to check the bus times for getting to the attractions. Seems like they are not very regular! Going to be a mission to get anywhere. Probably should have checked that before leaving the airport and all the hire cars! Dowh. There were a few things we fancied seeing near the airport anyway, so bussed back to get a car.
    Not a relaxing place to drive at all. They have weird junctions where is seems to be the rule of the person being the boldest and most reckless has priority, with plenty of honking of horns. Running red lights seems to be common and if they had roundabout rules, I couldn't figure them out.
    Still, we made it to a maze attraction without incident, which was naturally a'maze'ing 😝. Took us a solid 20 mins to get round.
    Next to a lava tube cave. Literally looked like a scene out of Aliens. Luckily not a Xenomorph in sight. Up to 7m high and a long underground tube. We walked about 2km in total.
    From there we walked round an ancient forest.
    Stopped on the north coast for coffee and cake. Cake was actually bread with plastic burger cheese twisted inside. Yummy.

    It was starting to get late, so we drove east till we hit the coast, and worked our way south watching the sunset.
    Experienced more of driving fun with a digger driving straight onto a roundabout forcing the car before it to stop very quickly.
    Read more