Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 141

    The Margaret river experience

    February 17, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    A pretty 'jam' packed day today.
    We started by nipping to the beach, then started calling a few wineries which did tours. Managed to get booked onto one at 3pm at Vasse Felix, which gave us a few hours to fill with all the free nibbles which the area had to offer.
    We managed to visit the Margaret River Dairy Company, the Colony honey maker, the chocolate co, Providore for tasty jams and some un tasty wines, Bettenay's nougat and finally stopped at Rustico for a tapas lunch.
    Lunch was great with fried goats cheese, battered shrimp and chorizo.
    Then time for Vasse Felix. Hannah and I had visited about 5 years ago and remembered the Chardonnay being very good.
    Had an excellent tour taking us through the whole wine making process. Finishing with a tasting of 10 wines. We needed a bit of a sit down after all that, so we waited for a while overlooking their garden whilst I got more acceptable for being behind a wheel.
    We finished the day by going to surfers point to watch some pumping surf rolling in. I did a bit of snake dodging at Gnarabup Beach whilst flying the drone.
    Read more