Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 181

    Hotel Le Calife

    July 23, 2020 in Tunisia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We left Nabeul.
    After a hot night in Lieske.
    First thing as we arrived was sorting out our stuff. Funny to see all the "winter items" we brought with us and take up lots of space.
    Thinking of donating them.. but we might need them again back home.
    Finely we got it all sorted and enjoyed a nice evening.
    Met some people who also came back to collect their cars they had to leave. Sometimes it felt as if it was still March, and Notting had happend.

    The only thing that has probably (almost for sure) has died on us, is the carbattery in the rear. This one takes care for the interior lights and charging our devices. I left it on as we left, and it has been sucked empty. Maybe we get it back to live, but I doubt it.
    Wanted to buy a new one here, but prices are the same as in Europe, so we wait.
    The starter battery we bought in El Kala, Algeria, from our last dinars, and it was doing it's job.
    Again Algeria comes to rescue.
    We do think a lot about our friends there.
    ..
    Back on the road, we drove to Grombalia.
    Had a drink and decided to go further up to Tunis but have a stop at the beach of Hamman-Lif. We spent a few hours on the beach, in the shade of a palm tree.
    I fell asleep, and the sun burnt my feet and legs, as she was peeping around the leaves.
    It hurts..a bit.
    ..
    My beloved daughter thought it might be a good plan to go to Tunis during rush hour, and I, a bus driver with no fear, could not resist such a request.
    Again.. we survived, and parked at the front of the Hotel, which is a real pain. Especially with loads of traffic waiting for you to do your trick.
    ..
    If you ever want to go to Tunis, we highly recommend Hotel Le Calife, maybe low budget, but high in service and very kind!
    ..
    It was a kind of home comming, and as said before, it feels like nothing has happened.
    As the sun starts to set, the call for prayer fills the air.
    We feel grateful to be here.
    .
    Tomorrow we go to discover the city..
    Just 36hours left.
    Than the boot hopefully will bring us to civittavecchia.
    ..
    Read more