Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 180

    After 4 months and 2 days.....

    July 22, 2020 in Tunisia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    It's was a restless and hot night in the Tunis Hotel Le Calife. 34° and a burning sun already at 06.00.
    Nervously had breakfast and after that,.. we took a taxi to Enfidha. At least we thought.
    It seems that the yellow cabs are only allowed in the city of Tunis and not outside.
    For those trips there is a transfer station were you have to wait till the 8 persons cab is full, and than leave.
    But.. as we are without doubt walking wallets, ehh.. tourists.. sorry,.. We were offered a whole 8 persons vehicle for just the two of us. With a 8 persons price .. of course ;)
    Anyway. We wanted to go as quickly as possible, so no doubt, and payed the 100TDZ . Smoking, phoning, talking and fastlaning we arrived at the Enfidha Hamamet Airport.
    First stop at the entrance by the police.
    After checking who we were and what we are here for, they started to laugh and pointed out Lieske, in the distance there was a shining yellow spot with, undoubtedly the form of our lost one..
    The taxi driver who did not understand our trip, now also got exited.
    She was there, waiting and looked in a good shape!
    Yessss!! Tears of joy!!
    ...
    Soon it became clear that we need to reorganize and clear everything out and decided to go back on our trail and do it on the camping.
    Nothing left to do more than check engine oil, coolant and connect the starter battery.
    As we were doing this, we again are checked by the police, who took pictures of the passport and papers. During this, Najeh turned up, a marketing employee of the airport who I contacted a several times for information about the car.
    I was a bit ashamed I did not have any gift for her, to show my gratitude. The old lady has been taken good care of and we did not need to pay any parking fees.

    20sec glowing.. First turn of the engine and there she was. Alive and ready to go!
    She had lost quite some gearboxoil, but I think she will be allright.
    Might check that out in Tunis. Otherwise in Italy.
    ..
    So my friends, the tears quickly dried in the hot sun and off we go!
    ..
    Did an extra round on the checkpoint to thank the police and on to the A1 up to Nabeul. Camping Jasmine. We do a recap of our steps and just hope this time the ferry will sail!
    Read more