Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 199

    The good old campsite feeling

    August 10, 2020 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Yesterday we took the jump into the Alps.
    Although it was not a jump, more a slide.
    I feared it would be more like the Spanish Pyrenees, but it was almost flat sliding between the mountains.
    So in this case... a man suffers the most by suffering that he fears...
    But... we are only on 1/3 still some road to come.
    As real dare devils we are thinking about getting the Felbertaurn route. But.. I think we will keep on the main road to Salzburg tomorrow.
    We might get a fine from the Austrians, as we drove into the country on the motorway without paying the road tax. We passed the first opportunity and turned around, back into Italy, and go back again, but now stop at the border to buy the sticker.
    As we moved on, we saw the cameras just before the place we turned.
    But hey.. We will see.
    We run of the first campsite we visited at this Ossiacher See, as it was a chaos and very, very busy.
    But it seems that it was busy everywhere.
    As the place we are now, resembles the "I don't want to go there places" in Spain or even Italy. Maybe they are even worse.
    As there are many Dutch and German guests.
    Although, this morning we had refreshing swim in the lake, a short walk along the hillside and a lunch in Ostriach.
    Now... we are just lazy again.
    Paid the highest bill ever for two nights.. and tomorrow we are off to Salzburg.
    Hope the road won't have to much fun in making us to climb.
    However a little bit I won't mind.

    Maybe have a swim later tonight, otherwise for sure tomorrow morning.
    For now..
    Hopefully we sent the next message from Salzburg.
    Mozart... here we come.
    Read more