Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Welcome to Wisconsin!

    July 16, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Another state crossed! We crossed the St. Croix River from Minnesota to Wisconsin yesterday, staying at a State park in the border. That evening, we visited the river and watched a heron land and fly from a rock nearby. Soooo graceful! The bird takes off about halfway through the attached video.
    Next, we were welcomed by a festival and a rock band that played loudly nearby until 12:10 am!
    Accordingly, we got a late start this morning,. But because we are tourists not purists, we visited the marvelous geological formations of Taylor Falls. I hope the attached pictures do Justice to the unusual potholes that water eddie’s and sand created in the basalt.
    Fortunately, we are traveling with the prevailing wind at our back, so we made good time riding from Taylor Falls to Cumberland. We saw lots of interesting tunings along the way:
    The worlds narrowest bikelane, the worlds largest Adirondack chair, the worlds largest planter, the worlds largest mosquito and the worlds most interesting use for an old truck. Plus gorgeous skies and wildlife and ponds and a beautiful riding trail of crushed limestone under a green canopy of trees.
    At Cumberland, we are camping in a city park that’s right on the local lake. It’s peaceful and beautiful.
    Read more