Satellite
  • Day 79

    Back in pedaling mode

    November 25, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    After about a week of relaxing, tourist activities, organizing stuff and sightseeing, we are back in paddling mode. We said goodbye to Irene and headed South towards Villa Union. There's lots of agriculture in that region. Afterwards, we decided to take the toll road 15D. Although bicycles are usually not permitted on this road, we knew from other cyclists who took it. As it had a nice shoulder and less traffic, we decided to give it a try and indeed, the law doesn't seem to be valid for tourists. No one cared about us, the police officer as well as the people in the toll collect office waved at us in a friendly way. We couldn't talk much, as we had to cycle behind each other, so we had time to look at the landscape which was green and mountaineous. We stopped in El Rosario for lunch before continuing to Escuinapa, our stop for the night. One of Irene's friends had contacted a fellow cyclist, Francisco. He met us in the town centre, introduced us to the local sports club staff and organized a hotel for us. Cycling is part of the culture of Sinaloa, the state we are in right now, so they even have a bicycle monument in Escuinapa.
    For dinner, we went to the central square again. We met 4 nice ladies who had seen us on the road. They were from the region and ordered a local dish for us (which was not on the menu), a local soda and local icecream - very delicious! And I could also practice my Spanish 😊
    Read more