Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 22

    Walk up a hill

    1 gennaio, Francia ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    Had an early night last night (9pm) favouring warmth over seeing the New Year in. It's overrated anyway. But weirdly, for some reason, I woke up at 23.55. Soon afterwards, the fireworks started.
    We decided to stay another night here and went for a wander, which turned out to become a 4 mile walk up to a castle. Passed only 5 other people walking.
    There was some warmth in the sun today.
    Some trees just sprung their branches out fully horizontally, saying "I've sprung, I'm me!"
    Photo shows the campsite with church by it. We are in the country!
    Thinking about going to Carcassonne tomorrow, John did some research on suitable parking spots for campervans. He found tons of reports of people being broken into, while they were looking around the town. Mainly documents taken. It was almost every review that he read. The few that didn't have the problem said they just worried about it. I couldn't find any park and ride or campsites open that we could take public transport into Carcassonne from. So there we are. Carcassonne is now off our list. No longer appealing to us. The negatives outweigh the benefits. It's a shame.
    Leggi altro