Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 227

    Potosi - Uyuni

    October 15, 2023 in Bolivia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    First of all, we did not regret leaving Sucre and taking a day bus to Uyuni for one second - it was our first time to really see the Bolivian landscapes and we loved it! It is wild, rugged, vast, but at the same time remarkably diverse - nothing we’ve ever seen so far and extremely beautiful.
    We actually wanted to go and explore Potosi during our stop-over, which is a city well-known for its nearby silver mines, but turns out it was just not meant to be for us: Same as for our initial plan to have one night and one morning in Potosi (including a tour to the mines), also the desired short exploration of the said-to-be very pretty old town of Potosi during our stopover ended in a very thorough investigation of the bus terminal bathrooms 🤷🏻‍♀️ (Alina will for sure place some serious complaints to Immodium after the travel - sorry for too much information on that topic 😬). So, no Potosi for us this time 😔. We were, however, very much comforted by the beautiful bus ride to Uyuni after our break - the upcoming sunset just added up perfectly to the already gorgeous landscapes 🥰!
    We arrived in Uyuni ‘city’ at around 20:30 and luckily, we have been warned about the place not being nice and got tipps from our personal german travel agency on a good pizza restaurant in town. So it was checking in into the hotel, getting some pizza (or camomile tea) for dinner and heading to bed, ready to start our 3-days-2-nights Salar de Uyuni tour the next day 🥳.
    Read more